‘Not done yet’: Chris Cairns takes ‘baby steps’ after life-threatening surgeries

0 0
Read Time:51 Second

After suffering an aortic dissection followed by life-threatening medical surgeries, former New Zealand multitasker Chris Cairns has taken his first steps on the long road to recovery.

The 51-year-old suffered an aortic dissection, a rare and often fatal heart condition, in August and was on life support at a Sydney hospital. He was saved by four open-heart surgeries, but suffered a stroke on the operating table, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.

Last month, the 52-year-old had said that he may not be able to walk again. Returning from his Christmas break, the former Black Caps cricketer worked hard on his recovery and said he felt “good to be on my feet”.

Sharing a video of his rehabilitation on social media on Thursday, Cairns wrote: “It’s not pretty, but it’s progress. Working hard since I got back from Christmas break. I’m not in danger of winning any Olympic medals yet, but it’s good to be upright and headed in the right direction.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Previous post Saina Nehwal Bows Out Of India Open After Losing In Second-Round To Malvika Bansod
Next post Australia nears decision on whether to deport Djokovic

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *