Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Football

Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood Released On Bail After Arrest

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 41 Second

Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood has been released on bail after being questioned about the alleged rape and assault of a young woman, police said on Wednesday. The 20-year-old was arrested Sunday after images and videos were posted online, and while still in custody Tuesday, he was rearrested on suspicion of sexual assault and death threats. Greater Manchester Police did not name the footballer but said: “A 20-year-old man arrested on Sunday 30 January 2022 on suspicion of rape and assault on a woman has been released on bail pending further investigation.” .

A spokeswoman for the force confirmed to AFP: “The man has been released on bail for everything.”

Within hours of the allegations surfaced on Sunday, Greenwood, widely regarded as one of English football’s rising stars, was suspended from playing or training for United until further notice.

The posts have since been removed from the social media page.

People who claim they are victims of certain sexual crimes are granted anonymity for life under English law.

United released a statement Sunday saying Greenwood would not play or train with the team until further notice.

They issued a new statement following Tuesday’s events, saying: “Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind.

“As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train or play for the club until further notice.”

Sportswear giant Nike said it had suspended its deal with the player, and video game company Electronic Arts said he had been removed from offline modes in FIFA 22.

Greenwood made his United debut in 2019 and has since made 129 appearances for the club, scoring 35 goals after rising through the youth ranks.

He signed a new contract in February 2021, keeping him at Old Trafford until at least 2025.

Greenwood made his England debut against Iceland in September 2020, but he and Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden were sent home following a breach of the team’s coronavirus guidelines.

He has yet to win another game with the Three Lions.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
Click to comment

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

Football

The Pharaohs are back in the final of the continental tournament, where they hope Mo Salah will handle expectations better than the ex-Spurs man...

Football

According to transfer expert Dean Jones, Chelsea has made a “jump ahead” in their pursuit of Barcelona forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as “talks proceeded” at...

Football

Frank Lampard enjoyed a dream start as Everton manager when his new side defeated Brentford 4-1 to easily advance to the FA Cup fifth...

Cricket

Complete performances from Ellyse Perry and Tahlia McGrath helped Australia defeat England by five wickets in the second ODI of the three-match series at...